Hey, guys. Couple of days ago a guy posted a post asking for unique tradition and culture of Nepal. A lot of fellow redditor help him/her. Few days ago, in the boredom because of quarantine, I began to think about culture and traditions of Nepal that might be amusing and interesting for foreigners. Then, I realized about this weird thing going in my family which I never gave second thought.
Not only in my home but in our community, males don't touch wives of their younger brothers. My father and aunt were not allowed to touch each other. Heck, they couldn't even pass things to each other directly. So, they would ask us kid to pass things to each others. Once by mistake my father touched my aunt. My father and aunt had to sacrifice hen and ask forgiveness with raksi to whole family. I have seen it within my caste group but never noticed among others. Does it happen in your family too? What could be the reason? its not a rule among dewar bhauju but only among jethaju buhari. Also, i have noticed that guy can flirt with his sali but never touch or flirt with didi sasu. It's really weird to me because I have a young brother and I might have have to do same with my future buhari. And this really felt weird and unique to me. Thanks!!
The post Weird tradition followed in my home appeared on Nepal123.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment