I completed my high school this year and decided to take a gap than do anything because I wasn't feeling at home about continuing my education. I wanted to explore and find some of my interests. It has been 10 months now and although I have been somewhat productive I have also lost some time. I find myself interested in agriculture, economics, philosophy and music and want to pursue a degree on one of the first three topics. I do not want to study in Nepal because I have seen the level of academia on which my friends are indulged in and I don't want to go through that side of Nepali-pan again. I really hated my education in highschool and couldn't do that well. I was a pretty good student in my school though.
So what I am asking is that is anyone here applying after this long of a gap? I know there's a spring intake but it seems there's no scholarship. My family can pay to a certain extent but wouldn't my chances of getting a scholarship increase with good SAT scores and some of my self built ECAs if applied in fall. If I apply for the next fall it will be almost two years after my high school. How would that look on my application even if I show I have at least done something. I do not want to indulge myself in bogus volunteering programs for the sake of making it look good on paper. Sorry if this sounds complicated. Anyone here going through something similar?
Are there other countries I can look on?
The post Going to United States for further studies after some gap. Anyone here been through something similar? appeared on Nepal123.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment